Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Real Adoption Story...Saying HELLO means Saying GOODBYE

Everyone in the Adoption world who has visited their child and then had to leave knows exactly what this POST means. Here are the pictures of Us getting Jagger on Monday and us having to say Goodbye on Easter Morning. There is no better feeling than being there in Guatemala getting to know and bond with your children and yes the Goodbye is so WORTH it...but NEVER EASY. I really thought this one would be easy since we will be back in a few weeks to pick him up...but NOPE...VERY HARD and Kya looking out the plane window saying bye bye BUBBY...well that really did me in!

Saying HELLO...Oh what a WONDERFUL FEELING...such a HIGH

Thanks Michelle for taking these pictures and for both this babies gifts....you are such a great friend and I am so glad you were there with us and I GOT MY HANDS ON BELLA!
Kya and Jagger seeing each other again
OH WHY can't the HELLO's LAST FOREVER
Kya Tickeling Jaggy Poo
REALLY BUBBY...I will be back REALLY SOON...


YOU see Kya's Hand...she has to be touching bubby
Watching Charile and Lola together on Easter Morning
My SISSY is GOING TO MISS ME
I am SURE Getting some LOVIN this morningAll Happy Before he heard the NEWS



WHAT?????
PLEASE TELL ME ITS NOT TRUE!
OH NO I don't want you to GO MOMMY!
I think I WILL CRY!
Kya saying GOODBYE to her Bubby...this picture STILL makes me CRY...it looks like she is PRAYING he will get to go on the PLANE with us!



OH I love my Guatemalan Friends who came to say goodbye to us the morning we left...Pepe and Velveth.... and
One of Kya's Biggest LONG TIME Fans Miss Lidia...
and KYA still Loves her SO MUCH
Saying Goodbye to Allen who should be home by the time I pick up Jagger...that was SAD because Allen is such a SWEETIE PIE
My LAST PICTURE of my BOY in his new CROCS....then there were too many tears for pictures!

12 comments:

Cheri said...

You'll be holding the little squirt soon! We are on our final countdown. Let's head to Guatemala together! When you get home, start packig your bags. Cheri

Cherrie said...

Oh my, Candy. I can't even begin to imagine how hard it was to leave Jaggy.

I am in a panic to put my almost 15year old son on a plane in June to Philmont Scout Camp in New Mexico and he will only be gone 2 weeks! I will be the biggest cry baby, even though he is driving me nuts right now.

Forever home will be soon for you, my friend!! As always, the pictures are beautiful. I love Kya's hair with the poofy pigtail thingy's!!
Praying for a quick trip for you.
What an awesome Mother's Day gift!!
Cherrie

Michelle said...

I'm so glad that I got to be there when Jagger arrived it was a wonderful day! I'm so waiting for some good news from you as our case seems to be creeping along.... Come on people Jagger needs to be home now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle

Cheri said...

Just reading what you wrote brought tears to my eyes. I can't remember the last time that I cried, openly sobbed so hard as when we visited Chrissi and had to give her back. Thankfully, you will have Jagger in your arms very soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Jagger & Kya's NaNa says: Jagger seems to be saying with his eyes: See everyone--my little fat cheeks are just right for many Besos!! Mommy, you think of the best comments for the pics you post--to quote Gramma "you should write a book" Ha! Missin you girls toooo much! Besos from Nana

LouLou said...

Girl, that's why I ALMOST didn't go back to see Essie. I couldn't stand it though..... The hello is worth the goodbye..... Feeling your pain.

jajbs said...

Oh, we do know all too well the pain of the goodbye. My heart was ripped out each and every time. I know what you mean about thinking it would be easier b/c you will be back soon. It was the same way for me, but it was THE hardest... you know he is legally yours and you can't get your hands on that precious baby!

Well.. I will be praying for these last few days without him will go by fast and you will never have to say goodbye to him again.

LOVE the pics of those 2 together... SO SWEET!!

amanda

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Girl I know exactly how you feel. I left Maya 8 times before she finally came home. I totally agree, it was so worth it. Her transition was so easy. I also agree that leaving was always hard, it NEVER got easy.

Natalie C. said...

You are so right.

Kim said...

Oh Candy, it is so hard to leave. I cried big tears! You will be back soon to get him forever!

Susie said...

Oh I cant stand it! Where are you in the process. I keep checking in. Looking forward to meeting you in Guat. Hope your having a wonderful vacation. Susie (Bella's Mom)

Carrie, Rich and the Kids said...

I cry just thinking of those moments. You can't describe it and having Kya saying that just adds to the emptiness and misery. I don't want to go through that again. It is so worth it though to have those moments and memories.

You are almost there though (it doesn't make it easier even being away from your child for a day). Thinking orange and pink!